Monday, November 26, 2007

Week #6, Thing #15

No fun toys in this Thing; just reading and thinking.

I think the best things about Library 2.0 are breaking down barriers between libraries and their customers, and libraries being able to respond more quickly to customer needs and wants.

Unfortunately, just because the technology exists doesn't mean it's going to happen automatically. People (i.e. librarians) have to be willing to change the way they think about and do their work, which is much easier for some than for others.

Also, I think we need to be very cautious about letting anyone/everyone contribute to and/or manipulate library data. Any site that is open to contributions from all sources is open to unintentional errors as well as intentional abuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.